Monday 6 February 2012

A Cold Snap

Last week was particularly cold here in southern England, probably the coldest it will get this winter. At the weekend I was out fairly early on Saturday morning dropping my wife off in the countryside for her run with friends, and had an hour or so in which I could take a few pictures. Despite the brilliant sunshine, it was -8.5°C when I started taking pictures, and I could only survive a few minutes without gloves before my hands started to go numb and unable to hold the camera. Too cold to allow the time to work on a composite, but I managed to get a few single pictures that pleased me and got me to start thinking about the spring.


I would have preferred a heavier frosting of the countryside, but it has been exceptionally dry as well as cold.






No comments: