Sunday 18 November 2012

End of Autumn

Autumn Colour 1, November 2012 © Graham Dew

Autumn Colour 1, November 2012

Day break this morning was greeted by clear skies and a fair frost. Only a few trees now have their leaves, so I made an effort to get out and photograph the last remaining foliage before it is all gone. Usually the trees are bare by the end of November and then the land is bald and beached until early March.  

Autumn Colour 2, November 2012 © Graham Dew

Autumn Colour 2, November 2012

I guess I should have tried to make a joiner of two but I have not been feeling too well recently so it was just a question of trying a few ideas out and concentrating on some near-field pictures. So sticking to familiar techniques and compositions, taken in relatively new locations (for me) around town.

Autumn Colour 3, November 2012 © Graham Dew

Autumn Colour 3, November 2012

Quite a few of the pictures were taken on the Olympus 45/1.8lens, which is a real joy to use with my G3. I bought this lens to use wide open which is what I do most of the time, the only exceptions being when the light is very bright and I need to get the shutter below 1/4000, or when I know I’m going to need a bit more depth when used close up.

Autumn Colour 4, November 2012 © Graham Dew

Autumn Colour 4, November 2012

No comments: